An additional about 34 miles of Mecklenburg County roads will be resurfaced as part of a North Carolina Department of Transportation project, the agency announced.
The project, includes the milling, resurfacing, widening and shoulder reconstruction of the following roads:
• 1.4 miles of Albemarle Road from the Cabarrus County line to Blair Road, and 0.3 miles from Wilgrove-Mint Hill Road to the pavement joint west of the intersection;
• 1.6 miles of East Independence Boulevard from east of Village Lake Drive to west of Sam Newell Road, 1 mile heading east from Sam Newell Road to Matthews-Mint Hill Road, and 4.4 miles heading west from Matthews-Mint Hill Road to Harris Boulevard;
The work, being completed by Blythe Development Co. of Charlotte, is expected to be complete by Oct. 31. Crews are permitted to work on some roads during the day, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and also overnight, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. The department of transportation previously announced road resurfacing projects to be completed by this fall at:
• 0.9 miles of Brief Road from Arlington Church Road to Castle Stone Drive
• 0.8 miles of Sardis Road from N.C. 51 to the end of state maintenance
• 0.5 miles of John Street from N.C. 51 to Trade Street
• 1.9 miles of Sam Newell Road from Independence Boulevard to Margaret Wallace Road
• 0.5 miles of Margaret Wallace Road from Idlewild Road to Olde Creek Trail
Find updated travel information online at www.ncdot.gov/travel or call 5-1-1.