The Mecklenburg County Health Department inspected the following from July 21 to July 31:
This week’s low score
• Mario’s Pizza, 3016 Weddington Road, suite 100 – 90. Violations included: Numerous items in prep cooler kept at unsafe temperatures; pizza left out at room temperature without written approval from health department; dirty can-opener blade; container of sauce stored on floor of walk-in freezer; employee beverage uncovered (discarded); open bags of pasta; rusty equipment such as can-opener and whisk.
• Food Lion, 9848 Monroe Road – 98.5
• Papa John’s, 2332 Matthews Township Pkwy. – 97
• Presbyterian Hospital Matthews – 96.5
• Primavera Pizza, 1319 Matthews-Mint Hill Road – 97
• Independence High School, 1967 Patriot Drive — 100.5 (includes two education credits)
About the grades
Restaurants are given grades of A for scoring at least 90 percent, B for 80 to 89 percent and C for 70 to 79 percent. The state revokes permits for restaurants that score below 70 percent. Restaurants are eligible for two bonus points if an employee has completed a food service sanitation program within three years. Find more details on Mecklenburg County restaurants at the health department’s website, http://Mecklenburg.digitalhealthdepartment.com.
– Compiled by Kara Lopp