Chiropractors partner for food drive
Chiropractors Hearts and Hands for Matthews Children will host its second annual food drive Monday, Feb. 11 through Friday, Feb. 15 to benefit the nonprofit Matthews HELP Center. Last year, the organization collected more than 2,600 pounds of food for the center.
Participating chiropractors will be accepting nonperishable food items at their offices.
Participating doctors include:
• Dr. Phil Arnone, 10550 Independence Pointe Pkwy., suite 100, Matthews, 704-849-9393
• Dr. Susan Chandler, 1340 Matthews Township Pkwy., suite 103, Matthews, 704-845-8499
• Dr. Tim Cheuvront, 9940 Monroe Road, suite 101, Matthews, 704-841-2200
• Dr. Mike Guerriero, 300 East John Street, Suite 130, Matthews, 704-849-8171
• Dr. Steve Jackson, 1422 Orchard Lake Drive, suite B, Charlotte, 704-844-9560
• Dr. Doug Jordan, 7316 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Mint Hill, 704-545-7700
• Dr. Matthew Leibman, 10800 Independence Pointe Pkwy., suite E, Matthews, 704-841-3833
• Dr. Kyle Loveless, 1730 Matthews Township Pkwy., suite C, Matthews 704-844-6368
• Dr. Bryan Mozingo, 130 Matthews Station St., suite 1H, Matthews, 704-845-0777
• Dr. Michelle Murphy, 600 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, suite C, Matthews, 704-847-8308
• Dr. Joe Musacchio, 2940 Senna Drive, suite B, Matthews, 704-847-4044
• Dr. Jason Permenter, 2301 Village Lake Drive, Charlotte, 704-569-3130
• Dr. Mark Pustaver, 4213 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Matthews, 704-573-2400
• Dr. Dirk Simons, 1110 Sam Newell Road, suite A, Matthews, 704-847-3848
• Dr. Angelo Terrigno, 2427 Plantation Center Drive, suite B, Matthews, 704-443-7934
• Dr. Dwayne Thomas, 5527 Monroe Road, Charlotte, 704-568-2447
• Dr. Chandra Wright, 1811 Sardis Road North, suite 206, Charlotte, 704-847-4797
Businesses needed for Career Fair
Central Piedmont Community College is looking for local businesses to participate in its annual Career Fair set for March 7
The college will host the program from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Grady Cole Center, 310 N. Kings Dr. in Charlotte.
The registration deadline for businesses is Feb. 21. The registration fee is $350 and $200 for non-profits.
For more information, visit www.cpcc.edu/career/fair or call 704-330-6551.
New adult day care coming near Matthews
Sardis Gardens, an adult day care center, is expected to open at 7809 Sardis Road near Matthews this summer.
Officials at the Alzheimer’s Memory Center recently broke ground on the project with the center’s founder, Dr. M. Reza Bolouri.
The Gardens will be open weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Nutritious meals and snacks will be provided and clients will receive assistance with activities of daily living such as personal grooming, healthcare and medication administration.
For more information, call 704-364-4000.